Thursday, February 12, 2009

An enjoyable day with friends.

Our 3rd Quilt "Sewcial" was held on Saturday, Feb.7th at Old Chicago - Banquet Center.

We got started at 9:00 AM and wrapped it up at 11:00 PM. An entire day to sew, eat and make new friends. This time, we had 33 attendees. Many have attended all 3 of our events and this time we were joined by 7 new faces. It is always wonderful to see the friendships that are formed while doing what we all enjoy - Quilting.

I personally got alot done. My sewing time is limited so this was perfect for me. I am working on an applique wall quilt with a summer theme .... NO, not needleturn, fusible. I hope to have it done and in the shop soon. It is one of those fun wall quilts that add a fun touch to any home.

The show and tell was fantastic. It is so inspiring to see what other quilter's make. Gary Benway makes alot of samples for the shop, he attended this time and brought some quilts to share. I think that is an understatement...he brought about 10 huge quilts. Very talented man. Becky Bielke was working on a Buggy Barn "Dog" quilt and it was great. Vickie Brownell was assembling her civil war miniature quilt - when I say miniature I mean SMALL. She belongs to our Civil War Miniature Club and is making the first quilt in the series. Her little 9 patch was perfect. Jennifer Zimmerman was making doll dresses and they were so adorable. And the list goes on. It was great to say the least.

New fabrics are arriving daily, spent yesterday putting out the new Kansas Troubles line "Wildflower Serenade". As always, warm - rich colors. Some fun fabrics coming soon.

Gotta go, my day off and I have a million things to do.

Have a nice day - get some quilting done.
Patti

No comments: