Saturday, October 31, 2009

Camp Lebanon.... close to Heaven.

If you have ever wondered what it would be like to be in "Quilter's Heaven", I can tell you.


Camp Lebanon, Upsalsa, MN. You have to come here to understand. First there's Lisa, she is in charge of the camp and is one of the sweetest ladies you can imagine. Then there's the facility in general.... a spacious camp full of well lit, cozy cottages and buildings to house all the Quilter's and Scrapbookers. And what do Quilter's like as much as quilting?? Eating!!!!!
Jim is the chef. If he were to go on the "Top Chef" tv show, he would win - hands down.
The meals are delicious and plentiful. If you leave the table hungry, it's your own fault. It is guaranteed that there is something for everyone.

The camp overlooks Cedar Lake. From the wrap around deck you can stand and watch the coots dive under the water for food. They even have a Zip line for those looking for adventure. (I am not one of those people).

Fabric Town was asked to come and teach and vend for a week. Not knowing what to expect, I packed the truck full of kits, fat quarters etc. I set up a mini shop in the game room. Also my sewing machine and sewing areas for Becky and Kim. All of us are scheduled to teach a class during our stay.

To make this short... the quilter's here are the friendliest ladies. They made me feel very welcome and appreciated all I brought with me. If the shop looks a little empty and naked for awhile, blame it on them.

I will try to take a few photo's and share them with you on my next post.

Patti

No comments: