Monday, October 11, 2010

Fabric Town's newest member

Meet "Quahog 3". He is the newest member to the Fabric Town staff.

Over the years I have had 2 other Quahog's. Both were a delight and a very important part of my life. When Jeff and I lost our last Qua, we thought it was time to take a break.... at least Jeff did.

We tried a few other avenues to replace the emptiness , Lily Jane our cat was beautiful but it turned out that she was jealous of Jeff and I - in other words, she was his cat and pee'd on me every chance she got. When I finally had enough of that...it was time to start looking for a Boston Terrier Puppy.

Jeff was not excited when he saw me looking on line at breeders in MN. He was still saying that we did not need a puppy. That lasted about 15 minutes. Once he saw this face on the breeders website, it was pretty much a done deal. I called the breeder to discuss the puppies she had. I wanted to make sure she was reputable. A puppy mill dog is not what we wanted. She was wonderful. She asked us as many questions as we asked her. When I asked her where she lived she told me but it meant nothing to me - up north by Fergus Falls. At this point I handed Jeff the phone to talk to her. Before I knew it, he had arranged the meeting for Oct. 9th at 9:30 AM in Sauk Center. She was meeting another lady there to deliver one of her other puppies and we could just go there instead of way up north. OK, Mr. "No Puppy" had just caved in.

Saturday morning I pulled into the parking lot of the McDonalds in Sauk Center and there he and his brother were. I had the choice between the two. His brother had perfect markings ( for one thing,the nose was totally black) but not the personality. He was more laid back. When I held Qua, he was a kisser and all excited - that was the one for us.

This little guy has some pretty big shoes to fill, he's replacing two of the most wonderful companions you could imagine. He is loving and has a wonderful personality, I have no doubt he will fill those shoes in no time at all.

Once he gets kennel trained, I hope to be bringing him to the shop. Please stop in and say hi, he loves to meet people.

Sew on...
Patti

No comments: