Friday, December 10, 2010

Comfort & Joy BOM 2011


Are you ready to get a jump on the 2011 Holiday Season???

Here's your chance. We are thrilled to introduce "Comfort & Joy" as our first ever, Christmas
Block-of-the-Month. February 15th we will have our first blocks ready to pick up. It's only 8 months in length so you'll have plenty of time to get it finished for next years Holiday Season.

I'm really excited about this. Most of you know that I'm not the fantastic quilter like my staff. I seldom really sew. This BOM caught my attention immediately - it's perfect for all skill levels and would be fun to make without alot of stress. A stress free project is probably high on alot of our lists.

If you're a person that hates the "A" word (applique) this is easy and fun. Fusible applique is quick and depending on how much work you want to do, it can be done several different ways. I am hoping to blanket stitch my appliques by hand. It's relaxing and can be done watching TV or just sitting at Caribou having a latte. Becky has a class on Machine Applique that is very informative. She will show you several techniques that will totally change your opinion of the "A" word.

I have been studying the pattern and thinking of different ways that I can embellish my blocks...... Lots of ideas going through my head. Can you tell I'm really pumped about this.

Get a jump on 2011... join us as we make "Comfort & Joy".
Stop in or call the shop and reserve you kit today.

No comments: