Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Inspiration from friends.

It is no surprise to my friends and customers who knew me back 20 years ago, when I first started working at Fabric Town, that I have gained 65 lbs.

Over the years the pounds start sneaking up on you. Then some event causes stress and it just compounds the situation. (not to mention you hit 50 yrs. old) Well, steroids for the migraines, stress, arthritis in hips and lower back, eating every meal out and no time for exercise are the excuses I have.

I taught a class last night and one of my customers, who I would also consider a friend, commented on my post about the Snap Fitness club.
She told me that she runs 20 miles per week, works out and eats at home instead of all her meals out.

One of our local designers who I'm close to, just lost 50+ lbs. on Weight Watchers. I'm very familiar with WW. I think it's one of the best plans around - it's not a diet it helps you make lifestyle changes that are realistic.

After getting home from the class last night, I started to think about these two ladies. Both are an inspiration to me to get going. I know it's time. I have never had a problem taking the weight off when I really applied myself. It just seems that I can never find the right time to start.

So, I'm going to start on this journey Monday, February 14th. That will be the kick off day. I'll post my weekly results and let you see how I'm doing.

If anyone wants to join me I would love it, you can add your results as well. Wouldn't it be fun to have our own little weight loss blog. Come join me - I have set a goal for my birthday in May. I would like to be 25 - 30 lbs down by then. My birthday is May 20th so that gives me 3 months. Not an unrealistic goal with proper diet and exercise. Let's see how I do.

Thank you P.M and C.P for that little push.

Patti

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Patti!

It was great meeting you at WW yesterday. I am planning on keeping track of your weight loss journey as I go on my own! A little serendipitous that we both re-joined on the same night as lifetime members! I think you should start now rather than waiting till the 14th! When it is time it is time! :) Thanks for the extra motivation! May will get here before we know it!

~Eva

Pam said...

Way to go Patti! Let me know if you need any assistance.

Pam