Friday, March 25, 2011

My Bernette and a few fun projects...life is good.

I am having a terrific time working on some fun projects with my new Bernette from the Bear Patch in White Bear Lake. If you're looking for a really lightweight machine to take to classes and retreats - this is the one.

I have a wonderful Bernina that I use at home, but this little one is easier for me to lift and load into my car. I don't sew as much as most of you do, so I don't really need alot of options. I'm not into embroidery or monogramming so a basic machine fills all my quilting needs. I also didn't want to spend a lot since I have a "Bernina" and a "White" that do all the other fancier things.

Another thing that's important to me is service. I know of some shops that sell machines that have people doing repairs that have never gone to repair school. No way, with what you pay for the machines, you don't want someone that's never been trained doing the repairs. Bear Patch has a trained repair man that will keep your machine in tip top running condition.

Since Saturday, I've finished a Grab bag log cabin, 3 table toppers - one shown here. And am working on a Quilt Smart -Pumpkin Seed.
I'll post some pictures when I get it put together.

Hope everyone is getting ready for Spring - it's coming. Hard to tell after the storm that hit this week. Dont' forget the "Easter Egg Event".. keep collecting your eggs. Up to 50% off your purchase possible (with 5 eggs redeemed). Remember - the eggs are sugar free and won't cause cavities so you can have all you can collect.

Take Care... keep on creating.

Patti

No comments: