Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I'm in love with "Seed"

When our booth was set up, Heide and I went to grab a quick bite and check out some shops. We came upon "Seed", the cutest garden shop I've ever been to.
From the minute you walk up on the sidewalk, til you enter and see the finch in the cage playing - it's engrossing. The succulents, fig trees, water globes and vintage planters are all wonderfully displayed.
There's pumpkins in a wheelbarrow, rusty metal headboards as trellises and lots of old "stuff" turned into planters and gardens.


This was a metal sunflower attached to a beaded vine. I am a bead lover so it was one of my favorite things.

This metal chair was planted with an ornamental cabbage, yellow peppers, succulents and pansies. A combination that would never cross my mind, but made the perfect statement.
We could have spent hours looking at everything in the shop, but it was closing time. Maybe next year... we'll allow more time. If you're in the Des Moines area, stop at "Seed" and check it out, you won't be disappointed.



No comments: