Friday, September 16, 2011

New Wool's - New Fun

The new wools arrived today. I love to open the box and see all the fantastic colors and textures just waiting to be transformed into something fun. First thing I did, was to get out my Sizzix. I've had an idea in my head since I purchased the die for a poinsettia, but never found the right colors of wool.

I designed a wool ball pincushion a while ago, it's my favorite to make and I enjoy making a new one for each season.
Here are the three colors of wool I used. I love the shading, it gives petals a nice natural look. I already had the wool ball made - in anticipation of a new idea. It takes 7 petals and 2 leaves. Just a touch of floss to make the veins, a few french knots for the center and I always use a bit of glue to lightly attach the parts to the top. (I'm toying with the idea of beading the center -I'm a glitz girl).
This is a close up of the finished pincushion. I think it turned out really cute. Fun for the holidays. Would make a great gift for one of your quilting or sewing buddies. I'll be making up some kits. All the petals will be pre-cut for you, just make up the ball and you're ready to go.

Oh ya, we got in fall colors too. Now to come up with one using the leaves I just cut. I'm having so much fun. If you've never worked with wool, it's wonderful. We have our "Creative Ewe Club' starting October 13th, that's a perfect chance to learn how much fun it is to create with wool. Stop in the shop and see the wonderful sample Heide made up for our first class.

Better go, I want to see if I can get one more done before bed. Have a great weekend.

Patti

No comments: