Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The last stitch.

I have to admit, I'm a little behind with my block-of-the-month. The good part is that everyone that's doing it... is too.  I appreciate that they say to take my time, Thanks ladies.

I'm doing most of the applique with blanket stitch  - by hand, so it takes me a little longer. This is my final block,  it's time to assemble the entire top. I have about 7/8  of it already done, just have to add the last 3 blocks and the filler pieces. I'm really excited about he way it is coming together. For me this is over the top... I usually stick to the more "log cabin" style or venture out there and do a "nine patch". I like to stay in the safe zone. Well, this was so much fun and I've always enjoyed fusible applique.

The pattern calls for applique on the border. For mine,I chose not to put the appliques on, I felt it was too busy. My inner border is dark green. I think it'll  frame it nicely. Then the outer border is a red tone on tone dotted print.

Patti H.(Quilts from the Trail)  is waiting for me to get it done so she can quilt it. Knowing her, she has something special in mind. I'm always excited to see what she comes up with.

It should be hanging in the shop soon. Hope you like it as much as I do.


No comments: