Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Floral Block-of-the-Month.... almost ready.

This is my new Block-of-the-Month that will be starting on January 15th. "Amy's Sampler" by Brandwine Designs.
I've wanted to do this quilt for 2 years. I even went as far as to pick out all the fabrics and put them along with the pattern in a hutch at the shop.... planning on doing it as soon as I got the time.
Well.... here it is !!! I've got the blanket stitching done (by hand) on all but two of my blocks. I'm not much on doing alot of handwork. It's pretty well known that Becky does all my binding. For some reason, I truly enjoy this kind.

One of the things you can't really see in the pictures, I did a little embellishing with glass beads on some of the flowers. It just gave a little sparkle to the blocks.

Tomorrow I hope to get my pieced blocks done. Then I can finish up the stitching on the last two blocks and bring it into the shop.

This block and the hedgehog block below are my last two to stitch. Isn't the hedgehog adorable. I think it's one of the reasons I wanted to do this... I have always wanted to have a pet hedgehog but if you know anything about Boston Terriers... absolutely NO rodent kind of animals in the house.  So this is as close as I'm going to come.
If you shy away from applique, this is the perfect project to start with. I really think you'll enjoy it. We will be taking sign-ups January 1st, we have a limited supply of kits so don't wait too long to reserve yours.

No comments: