Saturday, December 3, 2011

Resting & Recouping at home with Riley Blake

Been waiting til I felt up to sitting for a longer period to sew.  Today was the day. I got the cutting board and my featherweight out and decided to give it a go.

When we got in this line "Daisy Cottage" by Riley Blake and I just fell in love with it. There were several different patterns we could use but one kept sticking in my head.

When Shelley was here from "Pieced Tree Patterns" she had a sample made up of  this pattern and it was really nice. "Roll Play" is designed for Jelly Rolls - or basically 2 1/2" strips.

I got my strips cut and started.... before I knew it, I had 22 blocks done. Riley Blakes jelly rolls are only 22 strips vs Moda's which have 42. So, I have to go get another one at the shop before I can finish it. With two rolls, it will be 48" x 60" - without borders. Once I get it put together I'll decide if I want to border it, I'm generally a Border lover. I think it just finishes the quilt. Once it's done, I'll post a photo of it. I think it's going to have that "Groovy" feel. Oh boy... I just dated myself.

1 comment:

Pam said...

I love those fabrics. I am glad you are doing well.