Saturday, May 19, 2012

First day at Market

There is so much to see and try to absorb when you're walking the isles at Market. One of the nicest things is to see a familiar face. Linda Hohag of Brandywine is always a pleasure to see. I picked up a few copies of her newest book.. Dolly's Play Date. If you like paperdolls, wait 'til you see these. The little Wooly Kritters  applique pattern and matching pins are already in the shop. We will be starting to work on it soon. 

Another friendly face.  Sherry Falls from This & That.

If you loved her wonderful patterns we had in the shop for our "Hop" wait til  you see the whole shabang... she outdid herself on the embroidery. As always, we'll be carrying them.

I am totally in love with this quilt. It's  Fall Frolic by "Sew Unique Creations" The appliques are wool. It is so warm and inviting. I plan on starting on it as soon as I get back.

"Spirit of the Season" by Sew Unique. Once again, the applique is wool and adds so much to the pattern.

For about 2 months now, I've had this pattern on my desk. I was planning on asking Lola to make the sample. Well, I just got of the phone with her and we're meeting on Wednesday night so I can show her all the great stuff. (between you and I, Lola will whip these up in short order - she's amazing)

Speaking of Lola, she has several of her patterns in the New Castle booth. She was asked to make some samples for them using their new line. I think they turned out really well.
I especially love the Log Cabin... being the traditional gal that I am. Excellent job, Lola. I'm sure people enjoyed your work and you'll be getting orders for sure.

I spent some time with one of my favorite ladies... Denise Hall from D. Hall Designs. Another designer that has become a friend. You may remember seeing her new quilts at our shop during the Twin Cities Shop Hop. We usually have her  patterns and samples scattered throughout the shop. Right now she's helping us design the quilt for our Minnesota State Shop Hop. 

If you want to make easy - fun projects, check out her pattern line. Sure to please the novice to advanced quilter.  Well folks, that wraps it up for today. I'm tired and it's hot bath and bed time for me. Tomorrow's another day... will find plenty more to share.


No comments: